20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) (Movie)

1 like ·
 0     0
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Photo Credit: bakerboy

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a 1954 American Technicolor adventure film, as well as the first science fiction film shot in CinemaScope. The film was personally produced by Walt Disney through Walt Disney Productions, directed by Richard Fleischer, and stars Kirk Douglas, James Mason, Paul Lukas and Peter Lorre. It was also the first feature-length Disney film to be distributed by Buena Vista Distribution. The film is adapted from Jules Verne's 19th-century novel Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. It is considered an early precursor of the steampunk genre. Wikipedia

From this profile you will find 36 photos, 25 quotes, 36 trivia items, 62 lists, 4 awards, 2 news stories, and key facts about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

Related Lists

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a member of the following lists: American films, English-language films, Films based on novels, Films set in the 1860s, Films based on science fiction novels, American science fiction films, Films whose art director won the Best Art Direction Academy Award, Films set in San Francisco, California, Disney films and Submarine films.

Need more information? Read more about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea »

Looking for another profile? View all items tagged 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea »

View All »
Please add images to the character profiles - they will appear here.

30 Credits »
Click on photos to view actor profile:

See full list of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Cast and Crew »

Cast Poll

Who was your favorite cast member?

Poll Results

Captain Nemo: I am not what is called a civilized man, Professor. I have done with society for reasons that seem good to me. Therefore, I do not obey its laws.

4 Awards »
Nominated for 4 Awards | Won 2

In The News

2 Stories »

62 Lists »
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea appears in the following lists:

FamousFix content is contributed and edited by our readers. You are most welcome to update, correct or add information to this page. Update Information

Top Contributors

See All »
Thank you to the following people for keeping this profile up-to-date.
halfgoofy halfgoofy 841 points
MandyLovesVintage MandyLovesV.. 61 points
Haines11 Haines11 0 points
Would you like to contribute? Register »

Quick Links

Desktop | Mobile
This website is part of the FamousFix entertainment community. By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the Terms of Use. Loaded in 0.22 secs.
Terms of Use  |  Copyright  |  Privacy
Copyright 2006-2016, FamousFix